Web3 will be an immersive online experience; we can’t ignore how the next version of the internet will be a new experience. Since its announcement, many companies have been racing forward to claim their dominance on the internet.
One such latest entrant into the Web 3.0 platform is Flipkart. The platform has recently launched its Flipverse, a 3-D virtual realm where customers can sample products such as clothing, electronics, and accessories in photorealistic detail before purchasing them.
With the launch of its Flipverse, Flipkart became the first Metaverse retail platform in India. It promises to close the gap between online retail purchasing and in-person shopping by giving users an interactive, authentic visual experience.
This article will delve into the different aspects of Flipkart’s newly launched Flipverse. Continue reading as we get an insight into its development, the impact it made, and its goal for the future. So let’s get started!
FlipVerse: At A Glance.
The recently released Flipkart platform, FireDrops, which can be accessed using the e-commerce giant’s app, will feature Flipverse.
Users can browse and purchase things in Flipverse’s Metaverse setting. To create the online shopping experience, the e-commerce company partnered with eDAO, Meta, and Polygon, an Ethereum Layer-2 scaling a startup.
According to the eCommerce platform, Flipkart aims to introduce its users to Flipverse and connect them to the future of 3D retail. The company’s management claimed that some of its features are still being tested; however, the team was confident about resolving the issue that will play a significant role in Flipkart’s future.
Just at the briefing, a Flipkart executive remarked, “We were the very first Indian firm to introduce Web 2.0-based eCommerce over a decade ago in the country, and I feel now that we are the first company to launch web 3.0 commerce.”
In September 2021, a solution to improve Ripple’s compatibility with Ethereum was introduced; it is currently undergoing testing and further development. According to Vadari, Peersyst implemented the sidechain to enable the porting of Solidity intelligent contracts to Ripple. In the early stages of the distribution, developers can also benefit from a bridge between EVM chains and the XRP Ledger Devnet.
Over the past week, XRP’s value has decreased by 13% and is currently trading at $0.474. However, contrary to most other cryptocurrencies, XRP has gained value over the past month by 26% due to its victory over the SEC.
Since reaching an all-time high of $3.40 in January 2018, the value of XRP has dropped by 86%. In the first half of 2023, a decision on the SEC’s accusations that the corporation marketed unregistered securities was anticipated.
The Development Of Flipverse: A Series Of Events
Flipverse will be introduced in stages, with Phase I going live on 17 October 2022 and lasting for one week. For a short period, only Android users will be able to access the experience.
A third-person avatar, a digital twin common in games like BGMI, is made available to the customer upon joining the Metaverse. Users can travel their digital twin throughout the Metaverse and engage with brand stores.
According to Naren Ravula, VP and Product Deployment Head at Flipkart Labs, the initiation of Flipverse will affect high-technology industry sectors like e-commerce and enhance customer experience while attempting to provide a gamified as well as a thoroughly engaging shopping experience.
This is especially true given the adaptation of the Web3 and Metaverse platforms by several brands in India. But, of course, we have only begun to scratch the surface of what is feasible in the Metaverse. Still, eCommerce is certainly one of the killer use cases, according to Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal.
Top Brands Offering Meta Shopping Experience On Flipverse
Flipverse’s first phase is an Android-only experience that will be available for a week. Numerous companies will participate in this edition; some of them are
- Puma – They are committed to creating, developing, selling, and promoting footwear, apparel, and accessories since PUMA is one of the top sports brands in the world.
- Noise – With smartphones at the core of many people’s lives, Amit & Gaurav realized that smartphone accessories would soon become the next big thing in India. Later, Noise began selling smartphone cases, wireless headphones, and smart clothing.
- Nivea – Skin and body care are the main focus of the German personal care firm.
- Lavie – Leading online seller of purses, bags, wallets, and other female accessories. They provide a variety of styles in their inventory, including clutches, shoulder bags, cross-body bags, and backpacks. Lavie also provides classics that have stood the test of time and will continue to do so.
- Tokyo Talkies – Tokyo Talkies offers essential items for any female’s wardrobe, including dresses, blouses, pants, jackets, hoodies, and jumpsuits.
- Campus – The business produces and sells a range of footwear, including sandals, flip-flops, slippers, walking shoes, floaters, flip-flops, and trendy casual shoes.
- VIP – The largest manufacturer of luggage and travel accessories in India. The 2nd-largest luggage manufacturer in the world and the biggest in Asia, it is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
- Ajmal Perfumes– Ajmal is a local corporation with a sizable collection of the area’s best and most alluring scents.
- Himalaya – Many items are available from Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, including “pharmaceuticals, baby care, personal care, well-being, nutrition, and animal care products.”
- Butterfly India – In India, Butterfly is the industry leader in home appliance production. Among its offerings are kitchen appliances of the finest quality and durability.
How To Shop On Flipverse?
Flipverse is already available on the Flipkart application for Android smartphones. However, until 23 October, the pilot program will be accessible. How to get to Flipverse & buy there is detailed below:
Step 1: On a mobile phone, go over to https://firedrops.flipkart.com/qr-page.html.
Step 2: Next, click “Enter Flipverse” and use any Android device to scan the barcode that appears on your laptop’s screen.
Step 3: You will now be guided to the FireDrops program. You are required to select a username there.
Step 4: Select “Flipverse” from the menu by clicking the menu icon.
Step 5: The Flipkart Metaverse will receive your avatar after you complete this step. You may view goods from companies like Noise, Ajmal Perfumes, Puma, and many others on this display.
Step 6: Use the on-screen controls to swipe throughout Flipverse.
Step 7: Click on the products you’re interested in to discover further about them. Additionally, you can see any discounts or offers the e-tailer could make on the site.
Impact On The Market
Nigel Green stated in the middle of August that “Ethereum’s march to the top of the cryptoverse seems unstoppable,” and it is easy to understand why the deVere CEO believes this. DeFi is booming, NFTs are increasing, and Ethereum is still more adaptable than Bitcoin and has more applications, such as smart contracts. In addition, Ethereum has switched to proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus to be greener than Bitcoin’s energy-guzzling proof-of-work (PoW) protocol.
The value of the hyper-immersive virtual environment known as Metaverse is rising. By 2030, the market is anticipated to grow to $1.3 billion.
We see e-commerce as one of the killer use cases, even though we have just started to scratch the surface of what is conceivable in the Metaverse. Top brands like Flipkart’s eCommerce know-how combined in a virtual setting have the potential to transform internet sales as we now understand it, according to Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal.
“Flipverse can gradually uncover a lot of value, but for Diwali, we just optimized for joy. Anand Venkateswaran, CEO of eDAO, said it was an honor for his company to contribute both creative and technical weight to Flipkart’s mission.
The Road Ahead
According to Flipkart, ” Flipverse ” aims to give users a more immersive 3D purchasing experience while gauging consumer reaction. Flipverse may eventually become a permanent element of the app, although that is not yet certain.
The Polygon blockchain will be used for the interaction. However, users connect this to any other cryptocurrency wallets yet. For the time being, Flipkart’s “Flipverse” aims to measure its consumers’ interest in this new “gamified” experience.